Thursday, September 10, 2009

On reflection


Hello :-)

It's good to see you (well, all two of you, according to Statcounter...)

Right, where to start? I haven't posted in nearly nine months. It's been so long, I'm actually having trouble remembering how blogger works :-) I had a brief wander around the scene; lots of new food sites & bloggers, with a ton of enthusiasm and vigour on show. Where have I been? I'll fill you in over the next few weeks, but mostly I've just been busy with work, and therein lies the problem. In the process of working so hard and for so long, I've forgotten to actually live a little. Recently, someone very dear to me has gently reminded me of the simple delight to be had in stopping every once in a while to catch your breath. She's also served as inspiration in resurrecting Kai. It's something I thoroughly enjoyed working on, so why let it languish? Thank you, honey...

So, I'm dusting it off and giving it a once over. I'll have to check and update the links here, and maybe give the blog a facelift, but it's going to be a bit of a work in progress, so no dramatic, overnight changes. Just a little nip and a bit of a tuck here and there.

So with that in mind, I'm going to slowly ease myself back into posting by starting off with some linky goodness. Give me a few days and I'll have something more substantial lined up; stuff involving jam, hunting for old kitchen equipment with maybe a gem iron or two...

Thanks for stopping by :-)


  • How to open a bottle of champagne with a sabre! Clickety
  • Retro food recipes (principally British) Clickety
  • Want the best flavoured cookies? Vaccum-sealed cookie dough Clickety
  • How to make a one pot indoor herb garden Clickety
  • How to write (from Vonnegut, no less!) Clickety
  • Nigella Lawson topless jugs!! Clickety
  • The Breakfast of Beasts (UK)! Clickety
  • Country Life - a great show on Radio NZ National featuring stories from the rural sector. A good source of information & entertainment about NZ food in all its forms Clickety Podcast link here

2 comments:

Nigel Olsen said...

Urgh, that's the wrong font..it's been too long!

Barbara said...

What a surprise to see you pop up on my reader. How's the cheffing? Hope to see you on Twitter too.